Are you interested in a career with an organization that is truly committed to customer service and employee well being?
American Pride Bank recognizes that our employees are our most valuable resource and the key component to our success.
Accordingly, we strive to provide employees with career opportunities, financial security through competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, and a comfortable working atmosphere.
All successful candidates will be subject to drug testing, credit and background checks.
If you are interested in a career providing excellent member service and are committed to excellence, American Pride Bank is the place for you!
Loan Operations Specialist
We are seeking an experienced loan operations specialist to join our team. Candidates should possess a minumum of two years in loan operations or loan servicing. Day to day functions include: loan booking, loan maintenance, loan processing, and general servicing. Experience with SBA and HMDA is preferred.
- Loan Exceptions: Processor pulls lender exception reports monthly and works all follow-up exceptions with lenders to clear in a timely manner
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal rules, regulations, and laws.
- Processes Maintenance Request forms for advances, payments, waiving late charges, reversing and reposting loan payments, and/or other file maintenance requested by customers or lenders.
- Updates loan coding of 1-4 family construction loans from spec to pre-sold upon receiving contracts from lenders and scans contract into the loan file.
- Processes all payoffs received by branch.
- Responsible for all customer loan correspondence whether via phone, in person or in mail, whether requested by customer or lenders, to include customer inquiries, attorney inquiries, customer problem solving, and preparing past due letters for lenders.
- Quoting payoffs, printing out quote, as well as proof of delivery to be sent to loan operations for paid out file.
- Putting credit file information together and preparing for scanning.
- Scanning, filing, & putting collateral files together as needed for loan operations, as well as scanning, checking and shredding credit and paid out files.
- Carries out copying, scanning, word-processing, filing, mail-outs, bookkeeping and banking as needed for lenders.
- Serves as backup for loan operations in reviewing all loan docs to be uploaded and balanced.
- Updates HOEPA rates and threshold.
- Updates and maintains Shareholder Loan Register monthly.
- Researches and corrects problems with loans on an as needed basis.
- Works unposted transactions and reviews problems associated with these transactions.
- Provides support to loan operations in working with auditors on all loan reviews and preparing files for review, as well as working with lenders to clear all exceptions noted, prior to or during an audit, in a timely manner.
- Processes payoffs and releases collateral docs as needed, as well as sending any docs to attorneys, customers or public officials, as well as all correspondence associated, and funds to be disbursed with payoff, and preparing file for paid out processing.
- Serves as backup loan processor.
- Serves as backup for uploading loans.
- Serves as backup for loan operations in balancing of loan fee general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Reviews and sets up AFT’s for loan payments, as well as reviewing those which go to Deposit Operations for upload on the ACH side.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Performs clerical tasks such as photocopying, typing, filling and mailing various bank correspondences.
- Provides support to areas of the bank such as operations, etc as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field preferred. Will accept equivalent banking industry experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of loan operations or service experience required. Functions to include: loan booking, loan maintenance, loan processing, and general servicing. SBA and HMDA experience preferred.
- Successful completion of Loan Processor training and any other compliance training deemed necessary by the Bank.
- Capability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
Benefits include but are not limited to
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life & Dependent Life Insurance
- AFLAC Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
To Apply for a Position
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, faxes, or agencies please.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer