Are you interested in a career with an organization that is truly committed to customer service and employee well being?
American Pride Bank recognizes that our employees are our most valuable resource and the key component to our success.
Accordingly, we strive to provide employees with career opportunities, financial security through competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, and a comfortable working atmosphere.
All successful candidates will be subject to drug testing, credit and background checks.
If you are interested in a career providing excellent member service and are committed to excellence, American Pride Bank is the place for you!
We are currently seeking an experienced Executive Assistant for a position located in Macon, GA. Candidates should possess a minimum of 3 years experience in a support position with human resources and/or accounting responsibilities. Experience with Board and Committee meetings and minutes is also needed.
- Provides overall support for President & Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Senior Lender.
- Schedules appointments for Chief Executive Officer.
- Greets personal and telephone callers and finds out the nature of their inquiry and provides information to assist them or refers them to appropriate contacts, either in the Bank or elsewhere.
- Carries out copying, scanning, word-processing, filing, mail-outs, bookkeeping and banking as needed.
- Serves as Corporate Secretary for Board of Directors for the Holding Company and the Board of Directors and all Committees of the Board for the Bank, which includes preparing packages for meetings, attending meetings and compiling minutes for meetings.
- Responsible for the accounts payable function of the bank, including but not limited to reviewing invoices for appropriate documentation and approval, processing check runs, answering vendor questions, etc.
- Completes payroll on a bi-weekly basis, which includes verifying supervisor signoff of time sheets, tracking paid time off and submitting 401k contributions.
- Assists in managing the human resources policies of the bank.
- Manages 401k enrollments and yearly plan testing.
- Plans open enrollment for health benefits.
- Balances payroll related general ledger accounts.
- Manages FSA DDA account, which includes weekly maintenance of account, monthly balancing of account to statement and quarterly balancing to general ledger.
- Posts all job openings to the bank’s website.
- Screens all incoming resumes and applications.
- Establishes interview(s) with applicant and appropriate hiring manager.
- Plans Annual Shareholders Meeting, which includes securing venue, compiling package with meeting information and mailing to each shareholder, drafting proxy for votes and tabulating proxy votes.
- Responsible for ordering furniture and bank embroidered apparel as needed.
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal rules, regulations and laws.
- Communicates in a straightforward and assertive fashion.
- Updates relevant people with timely information.
- Listens carefully to what others are saying.
- Respects and considers all opinions, even counter-opinions.
- Assumes responsibility for mistakes and failures.
- Demonstrates consistency between what is said and what is done.
- Behaves according to sound ethical and legal standards.
- Is respectful of others.
- Balances individual goals with team goals.
- Builds and maintains productive relationships with people throughout the organization.
- Maintains composure in frustrating situations.
- Demonstrates flexibility in working with others.
- Proactively helps others with tasks when help is needed.
- Fulfills job responsibilities in a timely fashion with accuracy and minimal errors.
- Adapts to and helps others adapt to change.
- Focuses on most critical information to make decisions.
- Displays a solid understanding of the bank’s strategy and operations.
- Stays current with best practices and legal regulations within the profession.
- Shares expertise in a timely and helpful manner.
- Demonstrates appropriate discretion; keeps confidential information private.
- Clearly and accurately defines problems.
- Collects all of the data critical to solving the problem.
- Examines the data and established facts about the problem.
- Makes valid and actionable conclusions based upon the facts.
- Effectively handles and organizes large amounts of information.
- Allocates time and resources across multiple priorities.
- Addresses time sensitive issues quickly.
- Focuses and follows through on high priority issues and initiatives.
- Meets with key customers to seek feedback and understand needs.
- Champions the standards of exceptional customer relationship management.
- Recognizes and rewards behaviors that drive customer value.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Maintains a neat and professional appearance according to dress code in employee handbook.
- Engages in continuing professional development.
- Demonstrates a consistently high level of professional judgment.
- Maintains independence and objectivity in carrying out job responsibilities.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Performs clerical tasks such as photocopying, typing, filing and mailing various bank correspondences as needed.
- Provides support to areas of the bank such as operations, loan operations, etc as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Will accept equivalent banking industry experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Successful completion of Executive Assistant training and any other compliance training deemed necessary by the Bank.
- Capability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
Benefits include but are not limited to
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Short term and long term disability
- Life & dependent life insurance
- AFLAC insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
To Apply for a Position
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, faxes, or agencies please.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer