Are you interested in a career with an organization that is truly committed to customer service and employee well being?
American Pride Bank recognizes that our employees are our most valuable resource and the key component to our success.
Accordingly, we strive to provide employees with career opportunities, financial security through competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, and a comfortable working atmosphere.
All successful candidates will be subject to drug testing, credit and background checks.
If you are interested in a career providing excellent member service and are committed to excellence, American Pride Bank is the place for you!
We are currently seeking a Vault Teller for a position located at our Log Cabin branch. Candidates should possess a minimum of 2 years banking experience.
- Answers phone and assists callers and/or transfers callers to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for balancing and maintaining the ATM and Coin Machine.
- Manages currency supply for the branch, accounts for incoming cash and keeps records of the currency and coin in vault.
- Ensures each teller balances every day; provides assistance to locate any differences; and ensures that all differences are properly initialed and, if required, reported to the Branch Manager and/or a Senior Vice President.
- Ensures that the appearance of the teller area and personnel are neat, organized, and in accordance with Bank policy.
- Ensures that all negotiable items and confidential records in the work area are properly secured each day.
- Oversees proper dually controlled daily opening of the night depository and the processing of the contents therein.
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal rules, regulations, and laws.
Also performs essential functions of teller (listed below)
- Accepts deposits; which includes verifying cash, verifying endorsements, placing holds according to American Pride Bank REG CC-Expedited Funds Availability Policy and issuing receipts.
- Cashes checks following the American Pride Bank Check Cashing/Endorsement Policies & Procedures.
- Processes night deposit bags, change orders, loan payments, and credit card advances.
- Issues official checks.
- Redeems U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Quotes products and rates in effort to promote and inform customers of the Bank’s services and products.
- Answers customer inquiries and gives balances.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift, reporting any discrepancies to the Assistant Branch Manager or Branch Manager.
- Communicates in a straightforward and assertive fashion.
- Updates relevant people with timely information.
- Listens carefully to what others are saying.
- Respects and considers all opinions, even counter-opinions.
- Assumes responsibility for mistakes and failures.
- Demonstrates consistency between what is said and what is done.
- Behaves according to sound ethical and legal standards.
- Is respectful of others.
- Balances individual goals with team goals.
- Builds and maintains productive relationships with people throughout the organization.
- Maintains composure in frustrating situations.
- Demonstrates flexibility in working with others.
- Adapts to and helps others adapt to change.
- Demonstrates appropriate discretion; keeps confidential information private.
- Maintains a neat and professional appearance according to dress code in employee handbook.
- Maintains independence and objectivity in carrying out job responsibilities.
- May act in CSR support capacity as needed.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Performs clerical tasks such as photocopying, typing, filling and mailing various bank correspondence.
- Provides support to areas of the bank such as operations, loan operations, etc. as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Position requires a person who has been an above-average teller with at least 2 years’ experience
- Successful completion of Teller Training and any other compliance training deemed necessary by the Bank.
- Capability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
Benefits include but are not limited to
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Short term and long term disability
- Life & dependent life insurance
- AFLAC insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
To Apply for a Position
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, faxes, or agencies please.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer